Sunday, January 09, 2011

Working wherever and whenever I want

The company I work for has employees/consultants in several countries: USA, France, Canada, Spain, etc...

This is a small company, what I all a micro multinational: less than 70 people.

The culture of the company is based on trust: trust that the employees/consultants will work honestly, trust that the customers will not lie.

Because of this trusting culture, I am able to work wherever I live and whenever I decide, as long as I do work.

Before joining the company, I was not sure I could work alone at home. So, I started part time (10 hours a week, then 20 hours a week) and I realized that indeed this work lifestyle suited me.

I never had the temptation to sleep in, for two reasons: 1) I have always gone to bed early (around 10PM) and 2) I am usually excited with the work I am doing.

However, I realize that this way of working is not for everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment