Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Working alone at home

As I already said, I work at home, alone.

Most of the communications I have with the customers and my colleagues in New York, Paris, or elsewhere are done through e-mail. I also sometimes use Skype or the telephone to speak to my colleagues.

I realize that this way of working is not for everybody, as you need to have enough discipline to not slack off. I usually have this discipline, although I have been know to stray.

The Company is not checking on my working hours, and in fact I work at strange hours: as I often have insomnia during the night, I read and answer my mail in the middle of the night, for an hour or so.

I am lucky enough to not need an alarm clock and I usually wake up around seven in the morning. It happens sometimes that I wake up after 7:30 or even, very rarely, after 8:00, but it is usually because I have had a longer than usual insomnia.

And, of course, I read my mail on week-ends, and answer urgent requests from customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment