Monday, January 24, 2011

Working all over the world

I believe I have one of the best job in the world. A big part of it is to be able to work anywhere, as long as I can connect to the Internet.

As long as I work reasonably long enough, the Company does not really care where I am.

I have been able to make extended trips across North America in 2005, 2007, 2009 and 2010.

Several years ago, my younger sister spent two years in Beijing with her family and I went to visit her for three weeks. Incidentally, she had more visitors in Beijing in two years that I have had in Vancouver in fifteen years.

I had synchronized my visit with my mother and my eldest brother who traveled from France. During the day, we would visit Beijing and around (including the Great Wall) and at night, I would work. I remember that I was quite productive and that I contributed some delicate piece of software still in use today.

It is hard to find such a job where you have no obligation of location and where you are mostly free to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment