Thursday, February 24, 2011

Diners with my brother and with old friends

Tuesday night, I had diner with my 52 years old brother Grégoire. He is a priest. He is currently working on a PhD in philosophy at the Sorbonne university. I don't see him very often, so we had a good exchange about what is happening currently in our respective lives.

And yesterday, Wednesday night, I went to diner to the home of Bruno, one of my comrades from École Navale, the French Naval Academy. We shared a dormitory for two years in 1968-1970. We were seven at the diner party: Philippe and Dominique, two of our comrades and their spouses were also invited. They are both retired admirals that I have rarely seen in the last forty years. We reminisce about our lives in the French Navy around the world. We also spoke about two subjects that are usually taboo in ships'wardrooms: politics and religion. It was a very enjoyable dinner party, so we left rather late, 20 minutes before 1 AM.

Today is my last day at the Paris office. Tonight, I will go to my brother Antoine's house in Châtillon and have dinner with him and his wife Marie-Hélène.

And tomorrow morning I'll will fly back to Miami. I should be at the apartment before Daisy returns from work at 5 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment