Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Receiving my new laptop

My new laptop, a MacBook Pro 17 inches, was ordered by the Company last Thursday, March 3rd. I received notification by e-mail that it was being sent to me on March 5th.

I tracked the package on the FedEx web site. It arrived at FedEx in Shanghai, China, the 5th, left Shanghai on the 6th. It reached Anchorage, Alaska, on the 7th, where it went through customs. It arrived in Memphis, Tennessee, during the night and left to Miami less than two hours later. It was ready to be delivered yesterday morning, March 8th.

Unfortunately, my apartment number was not specified on the address, so it could not be delivered. FedEx called me and I told them the apartment number. In the afternoon, it was still not delivered, the reason given that there were nobody home. I certainly was home, as I did not dare to leave the apartment for one minute so that I could receive the laptop as soon as possible. There was no notification on my door, so obviously FedEx did not go to my apartment. There must be an efficiency reason why FedEx drivers do not phone the customer, but in my case it would have been cheaper for them to phone me during the morning delivery and ask me the apartment number.

So, I phoned FedEx and went to get it at 8 PM in their warehouse. I cannot really complain, as it was scheduled to arrive tomorrow Friday March 10th in the afternoon.

During the rest of the week, I will learn how I will work on this new laptop with an operating system I don't really know. Already, I have managed to install Firefox and I am typing this blog entry on the new laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment